Project Manager, Market Development
Location(s): Warrendale, PA or Remote
Transportation is changing in ways
unseen since the invention of planes, trains and automobiles. At SAE
International, we have a 116-year history of gathering great minds developing
and innovating in transportation - ways to move stuff and people,
while elevating communities and human standards through mobility – ensuring
quality transportation options that are safe, affordable, timely and accessible.
SAE produces the most effective solutions for our customers, so that our
customers can produce the most effective solutions for humanity.
The Market Development Team is
comprised of dot connectors with forward thinking, growth mindsets. We have a
passion for making a difference while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven workplace.
The Project Manager is a
multi-faceted role executing across the Team’s primary efforts: identifying
opportunities for coordinated market development across the SAE Group; elevating
the SAE brand, strengthening industry outreach and expanding into new
audiences; and vetting new product ideas to support revenue growth and ensure
SAE is central to the future of mobility.
This role will manage the new product
funnel and logistics for core projects within the research, business enablement
and audience development initiatives; keep abreast of new trends and tools to
ensure effective and efficient operations; develop knowledge and establish relationships
to be positioned as a ‘go to’ resource.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND
• Formulate and manage specifications and operational logistics for audience development initiatives created to open new channels for reaching and engaging with target segments: web research; scheduling; content publishing on internal and external platforms; project-related assets and documentation; vendor contracts; communications to internal and external customers; contracts and deliverables for external partnerships.
• Coordinate and oversee paid advertising and promotion-related tasks to elevate the SAE brand within core and new audience targets: ensure accurate and timely execution; data collection to validate KPIs and overall project performance.
• Independently problem solve and reach workable solutions; act as a subject matter expert; identify and escalate at-risk deliverables.
• May represent the Team at internal and external events.
Research and Business Enablement
• Assist with executing research logistics and tasks to create business intelligence and customer insights: organize data sets; schedule calls; distribute project-related documents; program surveys; transcribe interviews; distribute survey incentives; create and manage intelligence library to house final reports/tools.
• Assist with final reporting shared with internal executives and stakeholders to advance product growth, industry outreach, and revenue: organize feedback for transcripts, pull data, generate reports on research findings, build presentation decks.
• Assist with utilizing research findings to develop business enablement tools such as product matrices or dashboards and compile complicated and detailed results into succinct updates for internal teams and executives.
Team Effectiveness and Operational Excellence
• Form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers, vendors and contracted team members to elevate Team value and be a trusted, reliable partner: understand needs, identify hurdles and broken processes, and scope new ideas.
• Keep abreast of emerging trends, competitor activity, new influencers/relevant industry experts and technology developments – both in the market and relative to internal systems and processes.
• Participate in Team discussions and proactively look for opportunities to drive change, improve processes and project outcomes, and elevate the SAE Brand.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, project management or related field, preferred. Will accept experience in lieu of education
• 3-5 years professional experience within a cross-functional business operation, preferably managing strategic planning projects and/or driving results across internal teams
• 1+ years professional experience in market research, interviewing, surveys, report writing or data collection within a B2B space a plus
• Product marketing experience a plus
• Proven track record in project management with an ability to address multiple issues, switch contexts quickly, and oversee the execution of a variety of activities simultaneously
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to anticipate needs within changing environments
• Growth mindset – ability to learn new things and unlearn old things fast
• Strong active-listening skills with an ability to identify needs and translate them into opportunities
• Self-motivator who is driven by making a difference
• Ability to connect the dots between different ideas, and explain complex ideas simply
• Ability to efficiently use the vast database of knowledge on the internet without getting lost in the useless items
• Exceptional verbal, written and report creating abilities with strong presentation skills a plus
• A broad understanding and/or experience with engaging audiences via social media channels as well as blogs, websites, SEO a plus
• When protocols permit, ability for minimal travel to trade shows, customer visits, focus groups, listening tours
- May be required to lift 25 lbs
EOE, including disability/vets