Content Communications Manager
Location(s): Warrendale, PA
The Content Communications Manager is a key member of the SAE International Corporate Communications team, responsible for developing and implementing the organization's thought leadership and content creation strategy across SAE-owned channels and programs. The role will act as the primary liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including SAE customers, members, volunteers and partners, to uncover new content. The candidate should be a highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for engaging with both current and future customers, members and volunteers, has an understanding of new and emerging channels for conveying the SAE story, and can effectively manage customer and competitive research to inform strategic direction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Develop and implement the organization's thought leadership and content creation strategy across SAE-owned channels and programs.
• Generate, edit, publish and share relevant, high-quality content on a daily basis that builds meaningful connections and encourages community and event engagement and member activity.
• Moderate customer-generated content in line with SAE’s customer policies and within the guidelines of each channel, advocating for and supporting SAE’s brand and principles.
• Create and maintain editorial calendars for each platform.
• Collaborate with other SAE business teams to coordinate and manage content, identify key stakeholders and subject matter experts, and maintain SAE’s brand voice and reputation.
- Execute SAE’s social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate KPIs, insights, and best practices, and then planning, implementing, and evolving the ongoing strategy and day-to-day execution based on this data.
• Set up and optimize company pages and content within each platform to increase visibility of SAE’s social content.
• Collaborate with marketing team to execute paid social media campaigns.
• Identify new channels and develop strategic reasoning for growth opportunities.
- Oversee and provide strategic guidance for junior-level staff responsible for tactical execution of social media activities.
- Support additional writing and logistical support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media, or Public Relations preferred
- Will accept experience in lieu of education
- 5-7 years of experience in public relations, social media and/or content creation
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, communication, and visual intelligence skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Experience with paid social media efforts is a plus
- Detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational abilities
- Experience with social media management tools, content management and mobile platforms preferred
- Adequate knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Ability to travel 10%